Professional memberships & professional activities
I am a member of The Register Of Chinese Herbal Medicine (RCHM), which is a main regulatory body for the practice of TCM in the UK. I hold full personal and public liability insurance and practice under strict Codes of Practice and Professional Conduct to ensure the highest standards of hygiene, sterilisation and safety.
I am an Advanced Rolf Structural Integration practitioner, with memberships with the European Rolf Guild & Tom Myers Anatomy Trains S.I school.
The S.I Directory: members are certified Structural integration practitioners from the small number of recognised schools. The site gives information about Structural Integration, the different Schools that teach it, its influences and history.
Associate Practitioner of the Woman’s Natural Health Practice: this entailed an intensive post graduate Diploma program in Chinese herbal medicine and acupuncture in gynaecology, obstetrics and reproductive medicine with Dr. Trevor Wing. I passed the course with a Distinction, which enabled me to become an Associate Practitioner of the practice. This demands that I renew my knowledge every 2 years to remain up to date with advances in biomedicine and natural approaches to treatment of gynacological and obstetrical condtions.
I am lucky to assist Til Luchau of Advanced Trainings, Colorado US, to teach his advanced myofascial courses for bodyworkers in the U.K. and Europe.
I have assisted Mary Bond (an advanced Rolfer and somatic educator, Chair of the Movement Faculty of The Rolf Institute of Structural Integration in Boulder US and author of the New Rules Of Posture), to teach her UK functional movement workshop about the foot and gait, ‘The Sole of Mobility’ to other professional therapists, for the Kinesis/ Anatomy Trains School.
Whilst practicing in London, I was a member of ACT London (The Acupuncture For Childbirth Team), a professional association for acupuncturists who specialise in treating pregnancy and fertility.
Experience in attending births as a pregnancy support therapist and birthing acupuncturist.
I came to my career through a boundless fascination with the human body and how it worked. I first trained in Holistic massage and Diet & Nutrition in 1998-99 and, interested in how I could affect health in a far more fundamental way, enrolled to train on a 5 year Traditional Chinese Medicine degree in 1999. This elegant medicine whose theories and practice are fundamentally based on the relationship between energy and health made intuitive sense.
I graduated with a BSc Hons from Middlesex University and a Bachelor of Chinese Medicine from the Beijing University of Chinese Medicine. This course is the only TCM course in the UK to be accredited in China and included a solid training in Western clinical skills and biosciences. This has qualified me to practice Acupuncture and its supplementary therapies and prescribe Chinese herbal medicine (dried and powdered herbs). So began what is now a lifelong love, study and practice of the medicine.
I went on to study remedial bodywork as so many of my clients required a depth of skills to deal effectively with their pain and musculoskeletal complaints. I obtained a BTEC Diploma with credit in the top 2% of my class at the highly regarded North London School of Sports and Remedial Massage, whose course trains therapists to Level 5 for recognition by the IAAF and the Olympic Body.
I am a Certified Structural Integration Practitioner, trained by The Kinesis School with Tom Myers and James Earls. Structural Integration is an elegant form of rehabilitative somatic bodywork and I offer the Structural Integration 12 Series as a way of re-aligning postural dysfunction.
I am completed my Advanced Rolf training with the Rolf Guild of Structural Integration with Neal Powers.
I am trained in Liz Gaggini’s approach to Visceral Manipulation, a bodywork that addresses restrictions and alignment through the core visceral tissue and their associated bony structures.
I am also trained in Internal Pelvic manual therapy, under Tami Kynn Kent, Kimberley Ann Johnson and Ellen Heed, using internal and external soft tissue release techniques to address tension, adhesions and scarring in the pelvic floor muscles and fascia.
My interest in remedial work has led me into studying advanced techniques in hands-on bodywork including:
- Japanese Structural Acupuncture & Integrated Manual Medicine for the Lumbar Pelvic Centre. Koshi Balancing. Jeffrey Dann.
- Neurovascular & Japanese Meridian Theory in Structural Integration: Nilce Silveira & Jeffrey Dann
- Advanced Rolf Method Structural Integration
- Visceral Manipulation Foundation & Advanced
- Holistic Pelvic Care™
- Internal Pelvic Manual Therapy
- Scar Tissue Remediation
- Joint & Spinal Mobilisation
- Advanced Intraoral Massage
- Myofascial Bodywork
- Neuromuscular Technique & Trigger Point Therapy
- Muscle Energy Technique
- Positional Release
- Soft Tissue Release
- Active Isolated Stretching
- Sports & Remedial Massage
- Tuina (Chinese rehabilitative massage)
- Traditional Thai Yoga massage
- Remedial Pre & Post Natal Bodywork
I have trained and worked in both the UK and China in private practice, clinics, pain clinics and hospitals and for WASPS Rugby Club 1st Division Squad.
I trained in the UK at the Asante Academy of Chinese Medicine in London and at North Middlesex Hospital. I worked in the Whittington Hospital Pain Clinic treating acute/chronic pain alongside other health professionals.
In 2004 I had the good luck to study and work in Beijing, China. I interned at the Xi Yuan and Sino-Japan Friendship Hospitals where the integration of Chinese and Western Medicine is the standard and was privileged to work alongside practitioners on the hospital wards including Cardiology; Respiratory; Gynaecology; Dermatology; Neurology and Paediatric.
I also studied Tuina at the Xi Yuan Hospital and took further training in Chinese Medicine for Weight Management and Diet Therapy and Cosmetic Therapy and Health Preservation while in China.
Continuing Professional Development
I have continued with postgraduate studies with leading practitioners in their fields, deepening my skills and knowledge of more complex areas of both Chinese Medicine and Bodywork
- Advanced Rolf Structural Integration Training: The Guild of Rolf Structural Integration, Neal Powers.
- Post 10 Series Rolf Work Advanced Workshop. Nilce Silveria, International School of Structural Integration.
- Integrating Scar Tissue into the Fascial Web. Sharon Wheeler & Robert Schleip. The Guild of Rolf Structural Integration, Prague.
- Move to Hands on: Bridging Feldenkrais Movement & Manual Therapy for Scolosis. Gunther Bisges, London.
- Advanced Rib Work. Advanced Trainings, Til Luchau.
- Scoliosis, Advanced Trainings, Til Luchau.
- Holistic Pelvic Care™ Tami Lynn Kent, Physical Therapy, US.
- RCHM – Treating Digestive Diseases (Gut Dysbiosis, SIBO & IBS) with Chinese Herbal Medicine. RCHM. London U.K.
- Mindfulness, Movement & Manual Therapy. Til Luchau, Advanced Trainings, Colorado, US.
- Biomechanics of Alignment Foundation & Advanced for Structural Integration Practitioners. Liz Gaggini, New York, US.
- Leg, Knee & Foot Parts I & II. Advanced Trainings.
- Advanced Knee. Advanced Trainings.
- Internal Pelvic Therapy & Scar Tissue Remediation. Ellen Heed & Kimberley Ann Johnson, UK.
- Visceral Manipulation Foundation & Advanced for Structural Integration Practitioners. Liz Gaggini, New York, US.
- Advanced Sacrum & Ilia, Til Luchau, Advanced Trainings.
- Whiplash, Advanced Trainings.
- Arm, Wrist & Shoulder, Advanced Trainings.
- TMJ, Til Luchau, Advanced Trainings.
- Headaches and migraines, Til Luchau, Advanced Trainings.
- Neck, jaw and cervical spine, Til Luchau, Advanced Trainings.
- Visceral Manipulation Abdomen, The Barrall Institute.
- Spine, Ribs & Back, Til Luchau, Advanced Trainings.
- Scoliosis, Til Luchau, Advanced Trainings.
- Breathing & Walking: Movement Education for Structural Integration, Mary Bond.
- Pelvis, Hip & Sacrum, Til Luchau, Advanced Trainings.
- Sciatica & Disc Issues, Til Luchau, Advanced Trainings.
- The Art of Herb Substitution, Ken Lloyd, Mayway UK.
- Hakomi Workshop Level 1, Caroline Braham, Hakomi UK.
- Diploma with Distinction in TCM Gynaecology & Obstetrics, Trevor Wing: Women’s Natural Health Practice, London.
- Foundation in Japanese Acupuncture Kiiko Matsumoto Style, Andy Harrop.
- Advanced Intraoral Bodywork, Lauren Christman.
- Intraoral Massage, Lauren Christman.
- Part III: KMI Kinesis Structural Integration Certification, Tom Myers & James Earls, The KMI School of Structural Integration.
- The Physiology of Emotional Release. Tom Myers.
- Part II: KMI Kinesis Structural Integration Certification, Tom Myers & James Earls.
- Part I: KMI Kinesis Structural Integration Certification, Tom Myers & James Earls.
- Healing the Eyes with Acupuncture, Julian Scott CICM Reading.
- Acupuncture in Gynaecology and Fertility, Jani White, Naturechild.
- Pregnancy and childbirth case discussion with Debra Betts, Jani White and Sarah Budd.
- Shonishin: Japanese Paediatric Acupuncture, Stephen Birch.
- Flooding and Looping: Electroacupuncture for the treatment of musculoskeletal problems, Stephen Lee.
- CORE Intensive Structural Bodywork, Noah Karrasch The CORE Care Group.
- Anatomy Trains Myofascial Meridians, James Earls Kinesis UK.
- CORE Myofascial Therapy Intensive: George Koulaleos, The CORE Institute.
- Obstetric Acupuncture, Jani White Naturechild.
- Diploma with Distinction plus Outstanding Merit in Oriental Bodywork (Tuina & Thai Yoga Massage).
- Clinical Solutions For Difficult Cases Upper and Lower Torso Musculoskeletal Problems: acupuncture and bodywork solutions, Phil MacQueen.
- Active Isolated Stretching Aaron Mattes Method, NLSSM.
- Difficult Diagnostics Chinese Medicine Masterclass, Bob Flaws/Honora Lee Wolfe.
- Acupuncture for Weight Loss, Jamie Hedger.
- Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture, Virginia Doran.
- Diploma in Practical Shiatsu, The School of Zen Shiatsu.
- Pre and Post Natal Massage, Suzanne Yates Wellmother.
- Onsite Chair Massage certificate, NLSSM.
- Workshops in Bowen Technique and Positional Release.